domingo, 31 de octubre de 2010

many, MANY updates!!

So let's start with
update #1:
We just had our Fall visit from Campus Crusade for Christ. Basically Fall visit is a team of leaders from the States who come and evaluate how things are going, bringing much needed encouragement and lots of great advice, and may I say....some GREAT food/snacks from the States (currently I am recovering from a 3 day sugar high.) They arrived this past Wednesday and just left today. Our time was packed full of uplifting conversations, many changes will be made but let me say... I am ready to go fight whatever giant :)

update #2:
Jimmy is now in the hospital with pneumonia. Yes, this is now the second person on our team who has had to stay overnight at the hospital. He went on Saturday (yes, this is while the Fall visit people were here) and is still currently there. I took the liberty of documenting this memorable experience. Jimmy couldn't come to us, so we came to him (and brought dinner too!) Enjoy this picture of our last meeting with the Fall visit people before they left.



update #3:
I will be traveling to Panama City, Panama tomorrow for a women's conference that Crusade is having. I will be out of the country (the DR) until Saturday. Looking forward to the things I will be learning there and getting to know more people on staff.

So... yeah. Lots of things have been going on lately, but I am much encouraged. It was yesterday when I was telling God, "WOW!! It seems like such a storm we are going through. Thing after thing has been coming up!" In that moment the phrase "In the darkness there is provision, in the dark clouds there is rain" went through my head. As I thought about it, it did amaze me that something so dark and luminous could actually contain something so life-giving and good.

Please be praying for the team. With Fall visit, a lot of changes have been made and this will be a time of transition. Also the team's health. God can work through whatever weakness we have, except... it would be helpful to be out of the hospital bed. Also, pray for safe travels on my behalf :) Thanks guys sooo much!!!

Enjoy more pictures :)





and the changes begin...

1 comentario:

  1. I'm so glad we are documenting our crazy life here. Our children would never believe it.

    ResponderEliminar