miércoles, 20 de octubre de 2010

and the ants won...

So I think peanut butter and chocolate has to be the best combination ever :) Although.... may I say... peanut butter and honey are a VERY close second! I say all of this after eating one of my favorite treats from the States, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

Now for those who are not educated in the candy bar business, you may not know that there is a SPECIFIC way to pronounce this peanut butter and chocolate wonder. Oh yeah, I'm being serious. I have to admit, I wasn't enlightened until about a week or so ago until I committed the blunder. Curious? I found these peoples' facebook page that may help you as well: People who know how to pronounce Reese's

You may ask, why am I talking about this, or... how did I get a Reese's here? :) WELL... today the guys received someone from Crusade who will be with us for about a week. He'll be following us around, basically documenting life here. All of this is being done in order to publicize the Dominican Republic to college campuses back in the States, hopefully encouraging more people to come down here.

It was perfect timing as usual. Jess got out of the hospital today and that person came today. I'm sure an interview from a hospital bed wouldn't have been all that convincing ;)

So now that I have thrown away the wrapper and as I finish killing the ants that are trying to hunt down the crumbs... let me get on a more serious note. :)

So in a way we have had a little bit of a break here due to team members getting sick. Honestly, it was a needed break. I forget sometimes that I'm not in the business where overworking will get you anywhere. God has a tendency to quickly show you that you definitely can't do this line of work by yourself AND... He loves showing us that He will do things in such crazy ways so that He will have the glory.

A team mate of mine informed me about a month or so ago that many people have analyzed how Jesus spent his time here on Earth. After analyzing the gospels they concluded that Jesus spent 50% of his time  alone with God, 40% of his time with the 12 disciples and only 10% of his time doing public ministry. I had a little "say what?" moment when hearing this, but then it made sense.

Our "off" time is probably the most precious time that we have, the time we have that we are not on campus. What do we do with that time? It is what we receive during that time, it is how we are restored during that time that will later multiply out into the ministry.

So signing off for tonight. Boy these ants are persistent and hyperly active during the night.  I've lost count of the amount I've killed with my right index finger. Time to leave... this warrior princess needs some rest :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario