martes, 21 de septiembre de 2010

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow." 1 Corinthians 3:7 


 This is the team's second week evangelizing. Last week we went out specifically on three occasions to share the gospel with different students. Let me say, WOW. It has been harder than I've expected for various reasons. First of all, for the longest time my relationship with God was a personal thing. I didn't grow up with the mentality of "let me tell others about this change that's been going on inside of me" since naturally certain things I keep to myself. Second, I think I also have the mentality of "give me time to fix my life and then let me go out and tell others about God." Lol...which I know is totally not Biblical, but I have caught myself in that mentality, in the thought process of "Am I enough?" To be totally honest, it has been a struggle.


I came across this Bible verse a couple of days ago (1 Corinthians 3:7) and it was very comforting. Comforting to know that it is all up to God. It is all up to God to touch the people's hearts, it is all up to God since He's called me to this work that I am now in, even though I'm feeling completely insufficient and not capable...but yet, He has called me to it. He doesn't call us to things that necessary we feel we are able to do. There is always going to be some sort of abyss that one will have to jump over, jump by faith, and trust that he'll reach the other side. 


Right now I'm jumping...I'm mid-air and I feel like fire is beneath me and in a way consuming me. I am being refined right now, which is honestly a painful process. 


I could say a lot of things right now, but I am being entirely honest. I need all of the prayer I can get...not because I am regretful of this decision. On the contrary, I KNOW God has me here for a reason and I would not change that in ANY way. I say this so those who read it will pray. 


I need His presence more than ever. I need His grace more than ever. It is not a suggestion for Him to show up...it is a NECESSITY. 


God is working here. One of the first people we shared with received Christ as His Lord. My first experience was an amazing one. Words came out that I was like...where did that come from? And after that experience...do you know how I felt??? Completely humbled. Truly I am spreading seed and if I for some reason see it sprout, the credit goes to Him who makes it grow.  


There are so many little miracles that have happened here or there that because I didn't start this blog in the beginning have not been written down, but I look forward to in the future make those known. 


Truly we are all here for His glory. The more we die to ourselves the brighter He shines... :) 

3 comentarios:

  1. Wow I'm glad your time of evangelism has been fruitful despite the tough circumstances and everything. No warm showers has got to be tough too! I'll be praying for the team!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks David :) Yeah I think it's on purpose so there is NO doubt in us that it's 100% God!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Brianna, the Lord is with you. It's His work in the first place, He will accomplish it, and He will get the glory. Your feeling of trepidation and weakness means that God can do His thing without you getting in the way. He is attracted to weakness.

    Estoy orando mucho por ti --

    ResponderEliminar