miércoles, 15 de septiembre de 2010

The basics

Alright, so just to lay things out. It's September 15th. My team and I got here the 19th of August. Even though it is ALMOST a month, it really doesn't seem like that to me! There is A LOT to catch you guys up on... a lot would be an understatement, but I will try :) So, let me just answer the basic questions first and if anything else comes to mind I'll elaborate on that later.

Who? For those of you who do not know I am working with Campus Crusade for Christ in the Dominican Republic. Campus Crusade has sent a team of 5 from the states in order to work alongside the two nationals who have been working with the organization for the past 5 years. The two nationals are Próspero and Leyla (excluding last names on purpose).

Leyla has been working full time on the ministry for the past 5 or so years, while Próspero, her husband, has been helping her on and off. More recently Próspero has quit his job as a lawyer in order to dedicate himself full time to the ministry.

Okay, so now the introduction to the team. There are five of us, including myself. Three of the five of from Arizona (Jimmy, Rob, and Jessica) and the fourth person, Natasha, is from Texas. We have all been together since the 13th of August, and I must say have grown together pretty fast. You'll hear more about them later on :)  


(left to right: myself, Natasha, Leyla, Jimmy, Próspero, Jessica, and Rob)


Okay...I have much left to type, but I will probably not get to it tonight. I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow!

What is still left to explain: what? where? when? why? how?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario