miércoles, 17 de noviembre de 2010

Just come...

As I have written in previous posts, it has become apparent to me that I am just the means and really God is the one who is working.

This past Friday, I went to Vida Estudiantil as normal. The cool thing about meeting outside is that many people will just walk past, even stop and sit down and listen to the message that is being preached that day. Well, this past Friday that same thing just happened. Actually, I saw two people who were on their way to somewhere else that decided to sit off to the side, but still listen. Afterwards, as I am going around trying to get these people's information this one woman asks me, "So, what do you have to do in order to be apart of this group?" My response, "Just come :)"

I continue walking around, greeting different people, but then return to this lady because it was very apparent that she had high interest in the group. She is already talking to someone else in the group, so I just sit down with them and join the conversation. This other girl was talking about God with her and telling her certain things that she is learning and this one woman was very much engaged in this conversation. After she shared that I asked the woman, "So, how did you hear about this group?" "Did you just decide to stop and listen, or what happened?" She said, "Basically. I've been far away from God. I've felt Him trying to reach me, but I've always put Him off to the side. This morning, for some reason I read the Bible a little bit. Actually, I was on my way to another place when I walked by here, and something just told me to stop and sit down here." As we continued talking, she basically just said, "I know that now is the time to give my life over to God. I am ready."

WOW....

So yes, we prayed together and as all of this is going on I am just amazed with how God works. He had been preparing this woman's heart for a long time. There is nothing that we did as a group, we were just there, and God used us. God will use those that are willing to be used. Fortunately these kind of situations keep popping up. The ones in which there is no way I had any part in it, but rather God gets all of the glory :)

AMEN! To You be the glory!

1 comentario:

  1. ¡Órale -- qué chido! Que así sea -- ¡¡¡¡toda la gloria, alabanza y honra pertenecen exclusivamente a ÉL!!!!

    ResponderEliminar